We know these are challenging times, especially for quick service restaurants. We are here for you and doing what we can to bring you the information and inspiration you seek.
Today, we want to spotlight our client Chipotle, who is doing their part to fuel our frontline healthcare workers and help combat the spread, while taking care of their team.
Chipotle is sending 100,000 free burritos to healthcare workers:
- Healthcare providers can register for a chance to receive 25 free burritos during World Health Worker Week
- Between April 6-10, Door Dash will deliver 100,000 burritos at healthcare facilities
Chipotle is helping their employees with additional benefits and protection:
- Offering a 10% increase in hourly pay for restaurant employees who work between March 16 and April 12, 2020.
- Expanded their emergency leave benefits to accommodate those directly affected by COVID-19. These individuals may receive pay equal to their upcoming 2-week schedule or average hours worked, whichever is greater.
- All Chipotle employees are entitled to paid sick leave starting on the first day of employment in addition to vacation, paid time off and personal leave options.
- Employees and their families also have access to their Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and to HealthAdvocate, offering concierge support and guidance to mental health, wellness and healthcare resources. They offer their teams medical care for $20 annually via 98point6, which grants 24/7 virtual access to doctors with $1 co-pay regardless of whether or not they’re enrolled in one of the healthcare plans.
- For those utilizing their debt-free degrees or tuition reimbursement programs, Chipotle is not enforcing the hourly work requirements this semester.
In addition, Chipotle is taking extra precautions to safeguard their employees and customers like:
- They proactively made the decision to temporarily offer a “to-go only” option in all 2,600 locations across the country
- Conducting wellness checks to confirm the health of each employee before entering our kitchens
- Installed advanced technology air treatment systems to reduce the risk of viruses
- Increased sanitization of high-touch, high traffic areas
- Offering Purell sanitizer for employees and guests
- Elevated frequency of personal hygiene requirements
- A tamper evident packaging seal for mobile pick-up and delivery orders
- Customers can leave instructions in our app and online to request contactless deliveries.
To learn more visit the Chipotle website.
We are all in this together and we are here to help in any way that we can. We welcome your calls and conversation.
Stay safe, friends.